Hi Everyone! I didn't forget about my blog. The family and friends' visits have kept me pretty busy these past two weeks....that and getting in as much shopping as I can manage. I had to ship three boxes of stuff home! Some of it is thanks to the great new restrictions and additional fees for taking more than one piece of luggage on an international flight. Some of it is because I went a bit overboard.
Here is a shot of me hopping off a cable car in San Francisco. I think my mom and I were on our way to Ghiradelli square to get some of their great chocolate. It was freakishly cold there! I have on a fleece jacket under that corduroy blazer. It was perfect weather to try out clam chowder at nearly every restaurant we stopped through, though, so I didn't really mind.
It is just too surreal for me to comprehend that I am now sitting in the airport on my way back home. My trip of a lifetime to SE Asia is already almost over! Where did the seven months go?
Flying through the U.S. has been a culture shock all its own especially with visiting California, Wisconsin and Illinois. The three states couldn't be more different in terms of geography, economies, and people. It was a great way to transition back into the western world by seeing family and American friends. I can only imagine what culture shock lies ahead of me, though, as I return back to The Netherlands.
I haven't really had time to digest the past three weeks in the U.S. I'll have plenty of time on my flight to London Heathrow so I will try to post another blog from there during my layover.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.