We went to visit friends on Saturday night to celebrate the wife's birthday. Our present to her was a chocolate liquer, Mozart Gold. It tasted like chocolate milk with rum...it was fantastic! It was probably also one of the things that triggered the biggest gallbladder attack I've experienced in a year, but...I recommend it highly.
I also received the Earth sandals I ordered on-line with the promise of working just as well for my back as my grandma styled MBT's, but with much more up-to-date styling. I ordered the Exer fit and the Cabo styles. I was able to wear both all day without back pain of any kind. The only issue I had is with needing to break them in. They gave me the worst blisters on the tops of my feet! I am still taking them with me. I'd rather wear band-aids on my feet than have a sore back.


Sunday night we went to see friends for dinner. They made us one of their favorite meals from home, Chinese fondue. That's not what they call it, of course, but that is the easiest way for me to describe it. We had a pan of boiling water with a divider in the middle. It was kept on a hot plate to keep the water boiling. One side had water and spring onions in it. The other had a spicier combination. We could choose from two dipping sauces - either a garlic and oil or a peanut butter based sauce. Then we took turns boiling pieces of fresh lamb or beef or fish balls (shredded fish shaped into a ball...dirty minds) or shrimp or tofu or bok choy or noodles. It was SO good! They really went all out for us. We ended the night by trying out Guitar Hero and the Wii dancing game. We're hooked - me on Guitar Hero and my husband on the dancing game. I know, we are nerds. That might just be our next big purchase.
Three new other things I tripped over on-line - two music artists: David Berkeley and Anjulie - and an author: Paul Theroux. Maybe you've already heard of them, but, if not, give them a try. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.