Monday, August 10, 2009

DIY

This weekend we did a little D.I.Y. and put up wallpaper in the stairway up to our top floor. And, when I say 'we', I mean the 'royal we', meaning that I had the idea, but before I could even get the first piece hung, I gave up. Not agreeing with my idea to take down the piece of wallpaper, sand the walls and then just paint it, my husband pregrudgingly took over wallpapering.

For the record, I would just like to state that whomever invented wallpaper is a masochist. And, secondly, wallpaper should be rated for the levels of experience required by the hanger. I dumbly bought a large patterned paper that required not only matching up each piece precisely, but straight walls and ceilings which 100+ year old Dutch houses do not have. I have included a picture so you can have a look.

After two rolls of wallpaper, it turned out really well, I must say. Needless to say, it will be the last wallpapering we do in this house.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.