
(image from http://shooonline.blogspot.com)
My God it's been cold this week! Winter just came up and smacked us on the face it seems. I can just see my dad slap his hands together and start rubbing them together furiously while letting out a stream of expletives. This week, I was that sixty something year old man swearing like a truck driver. Someone up there was just f(#$ing with us this week. It hardly stopped raining.
When the sun came out for a brief flirt a few days ago, I figured I would get in some grocery shopping and walk to the big supermarket we have here about half a mile from the house. It was bitterly cold, but the sun was shining so I grabbed my gloves and hat and headed out the door. No sooner had I got to the end of the street and it starts hailing sideways. It was coming so hard that I had to hide behind a building waiting for it to pass. As if Mother Nature suddenly realized the sun was still out, it changed to rain. I waited a few minutes behind the building under the shelter of an overhang, said a few more expletives in my mind (Okay one aloud too, but no one heard me over the wind and rain) and headed for the grocery store.
This is how much I have grown to dread our local tiny grocery store and its lackluster inventory. I walked the half mile gladly to our big supermarket in pouring rain because I knew they would have the fresh baked bread that I have gotten hooked on here - it is a raisin walnut bread. I was so soaked upon arrival that people I thought looked wet's eyes widen in shock upon looking at me and my dripping wet hat and coat. Ah well! It was the middle of the day on a Wednesday. We are all obviously not at high points in our lives if we are at a supermarket at this time of day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.