Saturday, October 10, 2009

Paradise Falls


We just got back from the movies...and I just have to write about it and tell everyone that they MUST go see "Up" in 3D. I know, I know, it's a cartoon...but it was the best movie we've seen in a long time. I won't ruin it for you. I will just say that the story is funny and sad and universal. Yes, I cried...more than once. And the animation into 3D really makes it a whole new experience. I wouldn't say that the 3D is riveting, but the story was definitely animated with it in-mind. Just when you forget you're wearing the big, clunky 3D glasses, a bird or dog seems to fly off the screen towards you.

Other than that, our weekend is off to a good start. I volunteered yesterday, plowing my way through editing research papers other volunteers have written about Sierra Leone where the NGO plans to begin micro lending. It's interesting and, yet, depressing stuff. My husband and I kicked off the weekend by treating ourselves to a new (new to us) Japanese restaurant and an after dinner drink at the neighborhood bar we don't get to often enough.

This morning I tried out a new aerobics class, Body Vive....snoozer! Friday night I was just too tired and in a funk to haul myself to a Body Pump class so I tried to make up for it with a Saturday morning class. It wasn't the same. It was a bit like taking a tai chi class with a kickball from Jane Fonda. And, yes, I mean taking it from 72 year old Jane Fonda...except that we were taught by a blonde version of Jack McFarland from "Will and Grace". Imagine it...Have a look at the class at www.lesmills.com. It would make for a great tv episode, but it wasn't a great workout. Tomorrow, I will be back at Body Pump and it is sure to kick my butt.

Well, have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.