Monday, June 20, 2011

Turning the corner

A few weeks ago, I wrote about how I haven't been able to walk into a store yet and get excited about buying things for our little one on the way. Well, I have turned that corner at least with respect to clothes. My mom and sister have been a big help on that (Thanks guys!) They've hit the stores and garage sales back in the U.S. and sent me some of the most adorable clothes. It got me excited and, in all honesty, probably took away some of the intimidation.

I can't bring myself to spend more than EUR 5 or 6 yet on a piece of clothing - they seem too tiny to justify much more and I know myself well enough to know that it will bother me much less if the baby never fits into the clothes or throws up on an outfit if I know it cost less than $10. As a result, this price range has limited me to the discount of the discount stores here in The Netherlands. It's not so bad actually. Everything is 100% cotton for the most part and has very basic patterns which is how I like it anyway. And, honestly, sometimes I actually appreciate having fewer choices. It can all be so overwhelming otherwise. Here is sampling of what I've found so far....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.