Saturday, July 24, 2010

Rice Paddy

I am really feeling a sense of accomplishment today. I got up early and hit the road on my rented scooter in search of some scenic countryside. It worked out perfectly. And, most importantly, the scooter and I both made it back unscathed. I can see why people like motorcycles - the feel of the wind hitting you and the exhilaration of having little between you and the outside world zooming by you. For those very same reasons, my motor scooter ride mildly scared the crap out of me. I had to consciously coach myself to relax, to unclinch my jaw, and to soften my white knuckle grip on the handle bars. Someone said to do something everyday that scares you.

Here are some pictures of what I saw...including a picture of my trusty little steed.













I am now back in Kuta (Legian), Bali. I finally found what draws everyone here - the beach. I walked along it and watched all of the teenagers trying to surf get chucked off their boards. I just love the sound of waves rolling in. And then I head to Gloria Jean's coffee. I will miss Indonesia, but I have had my fill of their unfiltered coffee. One regular latte, please.

My plan is to enjoy the sound of the waves once more with a morning walk along the beach and probably get in another latte. Judging by the bars and dance clubs that crowd the streets here, I expect that I will have the beach pretty much to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.