Friday, January 8, 2010

Excuse me, I have an announcement to make...

Tap, tap, tap....Is this thing on. I have an announcement to make. I quit my job.

Yes, you heard me right. I am leaving my job voluntarily...and I am going to take a career break (this, by the way, is the best term I have heard so far that does not imply any spaces in my mental or psychological capacities) to do a round-the-world-trip for about seven months. What started as a six month trip is expanding quickly. I find myself thinking, "Hey, what's another week," over and over again. I gave my notice last week and my last day will be January 28. After a brief trip to Chicago, I will be on my way to Bangkok on February 16. Yes, that is approximately six weeks from now. No need to dawdle, I say.

Here is the list of destinations so far. I will fill you in as I figure it out.

Thailand
- Bangkok
- Phuket, Crabi, Phi Phi (diving)
- Chiang Mia (volunteer teaching English)
- Stay at a Buddhist temple north of Chiang Mai

Vietnam
- Hanoi
- Halong Bay
- Hoi An
- Nha Trang
- Hue
- Saigon (Ho Chi Min)

Cambodia
- Phnom Penh(volunteer teaching English)
- Siem Riep

Malaysia
- Borneo
- Sipadan Island (diving)

Indonesia
- Bali (diving, yoga)

New Zealand
Fiji
Tonga (diving with whale sharks, hopefully)

San Francisco
- thinking either wine tour up California coast
OR
- tour national parks
OR a little of both

And then I head back home September 30...
So, if anyone has some travel advice or tips to any of the places listed above, I would greatly appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.